Hey, Rancho Bernardo-4s people! It’s me again, Bettyann Pernice, your Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Generally sunny and warm. High: 95, Low: 55.
Here are three of the best Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch stories today:
- They are the unsung heroes. College graduates, most with master’s degrees, they are the teachers of the Poway Unified School District. The district has now announced its picks for this year’s “Teacher of the Year.” Find out who received this honor. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- They returned to their home schools armed with the tools to help fellow students cope with their emotional health. Many students have been impacted by the isolation caused by COVID-19. “COVID students are really isolated and students are trying to adapt by coming back, interacting, having conversations and making eye contact,” said Meera Navarro, ASB counselor at Bernardo Heights Middle School, who accompanied seven students. at the conference. Conference attendees are now ready to help. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- More than 6 million pets are in animal shelters nationwide. Here in the Rancho Bernardo / 4S Ranch areas there are thousands of animals waiting for their forever home. Nothing provides companionship like a dog, cat, or other animal from a local shelter or organization. Adopt your very own furball today. Love is waiting for you! For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
Today at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- RB Farmer’s Market — Bernardo vineyard. (9am)
- Friday Reflections with Peter Bolland — Oasis of San Diego. (10am)
- Virtual Reading Adventures with Ms. Terri — San Diego Public Library. (10am)
- DYH@L presents energy, strengths and flight camp — San Diego Public Library. (11 a.m.)
- Bridge — Ed Brown Center. (1 p.m.)
- Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition — Oasis of San Diego. (3 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Rancho Bernardo Pop Warner: “Save the date!! We will be collecting the documents while our athletes are participating! MAY 1ST WILL BE OUR FIRST IN-PERSON REGISTRATION! (clear copy) Passport Size photo2022 physical (will have other opportunities to hand in, if not completed)” (instagram)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Invite your friends and join us for a hike as the Health Advisory Board leads us through the Coast to Crest Challenge. April 9 – Black Mountain Summit Trail (4.3 miles).”
- 4S Ranch Library: “Celebrate Día de los Niños all through April with our books for kids and teens about camping, parks, sports, and all things outdoors. https://sdcl.overdrive.com/col… #diadelosninos #libraries #books” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Community Council“Are you ready for the RB Community Council Earth Day Fair? When: Sunday, April 10 Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Where: RB Community Park (18448 West Bernardo Drive). Why go? You don’t want to miss all the great vendors, the kids’ craft corner, the electric vehicles on display, the amazing eco-friendly food trucks, the opportunity drawing objects AND… the electronics recycling corner .” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Pop Warner: “We are looking for coaches!! Rbpopwarner.org #rbpopwarnercheer #rbpopwarnerfootball” (instagram)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Join us next week at our Connect regional networking event on Wednesday, April 13 at AleSmith Brewing Company. Sign up on our website.”
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- The spring garden show. (April 8)
- Influence of social media on the Christian life. (April 8)
- Sale of REEF board sandals and shorts and more. (April 9)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (April 11)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (April 12)
- Members/guest lunch at Cocina del Charro, Escondido, CA. (April 13)
- How to Divorce Without Regrets – Vesta Carlsbad, CA Hub. (April 13)
- Easter Sunday at La Costa. (April 17)
- Add your event
Do you like the Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, all is well for today. See you soon!
— Bettyanne Pernice